Sunday, January 26, 2020

Wuhan virus: Stop spreading fake news on prisoner dying, says Health Ministry



PETALING JAYA: The Health Ministry has debunked a viral message that claimed a prisoner had died from the coronavirus after eating a mandarin orange.
“There has been a fake message that has been spreading on WhatsApp – we urge everyone to not spread or believe such news, ” it said in a statement posted on its official Facebook page.

The Ministry also urged members of the public to follow the latest news shared during a press conference earlier Saturday (Jan 25).
During said press conference, Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr Dzulkefly Ahmad (pic) said that three China nationals from Wuhan who had travelled from Singapore to Johor have been confirmed as the country's first patients of the coronavirus.
The three patients have been identified as family members of a 66-year-old patient who had tested positive for the virus in Singapore on Jan 22.
The previously unknown 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) has killed 41 people and spread around the world.
China has expanded travel bans in the central Hubei province, the epicentre of the outbreak, now affecting 18 cities.
Confirmed infections surged to 1,287, up from 830 reported 24 hours earlier.
Most of the deaths and overall cases have been in Hubei.








Cred-thestar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts