These cyber-related risks have posed serious
challenges to any government and in particular to the law
enforcement agency in keeping law and order.
• Rapid and in some cases, uncontrolled ICT development
have created challenges in the form of loopholes in
current laws, economic development, political stability
and social/ racial well-being.
• The new millennium law enforcement agency is now
faced with the task of enforcing law in cyberspace that
transcends borders and raises issues of jurisdiction.
Cybercrime has surpassed drug trafficking as
the most lucrative crime.
• Almost anybody who is an active computer/
online user would have been a cybercrime
victim, and in most cases too its perpetrators.
• The younger generation are the most
• Use of technology to cheat, harass, disseminate
• 70 % of commercial crime cases now can be
categorised as cybercrime cases.